Turning 30 is a major milestone, 4 months to go & I’ll be over the hill.
For many it means that we’re no longer in the hard-partying, bad decision-making stage of our life, for better or for worse… supposedly.
So I’ve created a “before I turn 30 Bucket List” from adrenaline-pumping activities to experiences that have helped me grow.
Check it out, tick it off, add a few on on or let me know if I’ve left any off.
1. Run a half marathon (it’s okay if you have to walk a little).
2. Travel somewhere TRULY exotic — anywhere that feels like the end of the earth.
3. Buy tickets to a music festival and rage with the best of them.
4. Go skinny dipping.
5. Splurge on a once-in-a-lifetime meal at one of the world’s best restaurants.
6. Cook a huge meal and throw a dinner party for friends.
7. Write a novel… even if its a little one, everyone has an amazing story to tell.
8. Grab the microphone and perform at a karaoke bar, even if you have stage fright.
9. Stay up all night partying in a big city like New York, Tokyo, or London.
10. Watch a meteor shower.
11. Go bungee jumping or skydiving — really, anything that involves heights and massive amounts of adrenaline.
12. Throw yourself a huge birthday party.
13. Climb a mountain (it doesn’t have to be Mt. Everest).
14. Learn to bartend (this skill will come in handy often).
15. Go scuba diving — or at least try snorkeling.
16. Travel somewhere all by yourself. It’s not as scary as it sounds.
17. Eat something that makes you squirm (like a smiley, walkie talkies or mopani worms).
18. Learn to speak a new language.
19. Spend a night camping under the stars.
20. Join an intramural sports team, even if you’re not an athlete.
21. Splurge on an item that you technically can’t afford, but that will but that will last for years.
22. Sign up to be a mentor, or spend some time volunteering.
23. Go whitewater rafting.
24. Apply for your dream job — there’s no better time to try.
25. Take a cross-country road trip…
26. Attend a major sports event, whether it’s the Superbowl, World Cup, or World Series.
27. Sign up for a summer share at a beach house, ski house, or lake house.
28. Take a class that’s totally out of your element, like improv, golf, or pottery-making.
29. Get lost in a foreign country. Sometimes, that’s the best part of the trip.
30. Unplug for a full day…or even a full week if you’re feeling zen.